Antibiotics tablets are essential medicines that fight certain infections and can save lives when used correctly. They either stop bacteria from reproducing or destroy them. Sometimes, however, the number of harmful bacteria is excessive, and the immune system cannot fight them all. Antibiotics and the pill are helpful in this scenario.The first antibiotic pill medicine was penicillin. Penicillin-based antibiotics, such as ampicillin, amoxicillin, and penicillin G, are still available anti-infection tablets and have been around for a long time.
How do antibiotics work?
There are different types of antibiotic medicine, which work in one of two ways:
- A bactericidal antibiotic pill, such as penicillin, kills medication for bacterial infection. These drugs for bacterial infection usually interfere with either the formation of the bacterial cell wall or its cell contents.
- A bacteriostatic stops bacterial medicine from multiplying.
Side effects of antibiotics medicine
Antibiotics drugs commonly cause the following side effects:
- upset stomach
- with certain antibiotics or prolonged use, fungal infections of the mouth, digestive tract, and vagina
Less common side effects of antibiotics include:
- formation of kidney stones when taking sulphonamides
- abnormal blood clotting when taking some cephalosporins
- sensitivity to sunlight, when taking tetracyclines
- blood disorders when taking trimethoprim
- deafness when taking erythromycin and the aminoglycosides
Some people, especially older adults, may experience bowel inflammation, leading to severe, bloody diarrhea.
In less common instances, penicillins, cephalosporins, and erythromycin can also cause inflamed bowels.
How to use antibiotics tablets?
- People must not stop a course of antibiotics drugs halfway through. If in doubt, they can ask their doctor for advice.
- People usually take antibiotics by mouth. However, doctors can administer them by injection or apply them directly to the body with infection.
- Most antibacterial drugs start combating infection within a few hours. Complete the whole course of medication to prevent the return of the disease.
- Stopping the medication before the course has finished increases the risk that the bacteria will become resistant to future treatments. The ones who survive will have had some exposure to the antibiotic and may consequently develop resistance.
- An individual needs to complete the course of antibiotic treatment even after they see an improvement in symptoms.
- Do not take some antibiotics with certain foods and drinks. Take others on an empty stomach, about an hour before meals or 2 hours after. Follow the instructions correctly for the medication to be effective. People taking metronidazole should not drink alcohol.
What are the rules for taking antibiotics?
Take antibiotics exactly as prescribed if you need them.
- Take them exactly as your doctor tells you.
- Do not share your antibiotics with others.
- Do not save them for later. Talk to your pharmacist about safely discarding leftover medicines.
- Do not take antibiotics prescribed for someone else.
Should you drink a lot of water while taking antibiotics?
A glass of water can dilute stomach contents and help get an antibiotic through before your belly can get irritated, Tomaka says. While drinking enough water can help prevent nausea from most medications, other drugs need a full glass for proper absorption, he says.
Should you take antibiotics before or after food?
Antibiotics that should be taken before food: Penicillin, Flucloxacillin. Antibiotics that should be taken after food: Metronidazole, Trimethoprim, Doxycycline, Nitrofurantoin. Antibiotics that can be taken either before or after food: Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin.
What is the antibiotic medicine price in the Philippines?
Antibiotic medicine prices may vary in a different country, but we're trying our best to provide you your medicine at the best prices with great discounts.
How can you order antibiotics medicine online in the Philippines?
The entire process of shopping for medicines is hassle-free and convenient. All you have to do is search for the products you need on our website or app, add them to the cart, and proceed with the checkout process. You can also buy antibiotics for sore eyes, acne, dry cough, uti, toothache, sore throat etc with the highest discount.