Birth control pill is a type of medicine with hormones. Contraceptives pills are used to prevent the unwanted pregnancy. Birth control pills in Philippines come in a pack. The emergency contraceptive pill should be taken within 24-72 hours of having unprotected sex. The sooner you take the pill, the better it is because as time passes, the pill becomes less effective. Most of these pills are advised to be taken within 72 hours.
Quick tips of contraceptive:
- It works as an emergency birth control pill that has a strong dose of hormones. So, please do not use it regularly and use it only for emergency purposes.
- As a contraceptive is an emergency contraceptive pill, you should not mistake it for regular oral contraceptive pills or abortion pills.
- If you do not get your periods within three weeks after using this medicine, it is wise to do a pregnancy test to ensure you are not pregnant.
- Do not take this pill if you are allergic to it. Talk to your doctor for other effective contraceptive pills that you can take.
- If you vomit within three hours of taking this pill, then take another pill as soon as possible. This is because vomiting does not let the pill constituents get absorbed by the body, rendering the pill ineffective.
Benefits of taking the birth control pill:
Some women take the Birth control pill for health purposes. The pill can:
- Regulate or lighten menstruation.
- Prevent anemia by making periods lighter or shorter.
- Lessen menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea).
- Manage premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and premenstrual dysmorphic disorder (PMDD).
- Treat polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Treat endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
- Lower the risk of ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and colon cancer.
- Improve acne.
- Helps to stop unwanted hair growth.
- Reduce migraines.
- Control hot flashes during the transition into menopause.
What are the Side effects of contraceptive pills?
This tablet is usually safe if taken responsibly. However, there may be some side effects such as:
- Stomach cramps
- Menstrual irregularities (delayed or early periods)
Most of these side effects occur because of the high dose of hormones present in the pill.
When should contraceptives be taken?
It is advised to take it as soon as possible after unprotected sexual intercourse to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Ideally, it is advised to take the pill within 72 hours (three days) after unprotected sex. However, in some cases (especially recommended by a doctor), it can also be taken up to 5 days. But remember that the sooner you take the pill, the higher is the chance of contraception.
Do contraceptives affect future pregnancy?
It is one of the most frequent questions that disturb women practicing an emergency contraceptive pill. These pills are recognized to cause a temporary delay in conception by affecting your menstrual cycle. It doesn’t affect your possibility of getting pregnant in the future.
Is it safe to take contraceptive pills?
It is safe if taken cautiously and responsibly. However, there may be some side effects such as nausea, fatigue, headache, and stomach cramps due to hormonal imbalance.
When is it appropriate to take contraceptive pills?
You should take it only in emergencies such as unprotected sex, contraceptive failure, or irregular use of your birth control pills.
What is the contraceptive medicine price in the Philippines?
Contraceptive medicine prices in the Philippines may vary, but we're trying our best to provide medicine at the best prices with great discounts.
How can you buy medicine online in the Philippines?
You can buy contraceptive medicine anywhere in the Philippines. All you have to do is search for the products you need on our website or app, add them to the cart, and proceed with the checkout process.