Oral care health is an essential part of your overall health and well-being. Poor oral hygiene can affect dental cavities and gum disease and has also been joined to heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
How can I protect my dental health?
To protect your oral healthcare, follow good oral hygiene every day.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled brush applying fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss every day.
- Use mouthwash to eliminate food particles left after brushing and flossing.
- Eat a healthy diet and restrict food with added sugars.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or earlier if bristles are splayed or faded.
- Schedule proper dental checkups and cleanings.
- Avoid tobacco usage.
What you should know about your child's dental health
Cavities may be produced by too much sugar left on the teeth after bottle feeding.
To avoid baby bottle tooth decay, you should do the following:
- only bottle feed while meal times
- fill out the bottle with water if you must give them a bottle at bedtime
- start brushing with a soft baby toothbrush once their baby teeth start to grow in; you should practice only water until your child learns not to swallow the toothpaste
- start going to consult a pediatric dentist routinely for your child
- demand your child's dentist about dental sealants
Symptoms of dental and oral health care problems
You shouldn't wait until you have symptoms to attend your dentist. Going to the dentist twice a year will usually allow them to catch a problem before you even notice any symptoms.
If you experience any of the following warning signs of oral and dental health problems, you should make an appointment to see your dentist as soon as possible:
- ulcers, sores, or tender areas in the mouth that won't improve after a week or two
- bleeding or swollen gums after cleaning or flossing
- immediate sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures or beverages
- pain or toothache
- loosened teeth
- shrinking gums
- pain with chewing or biting
What is good dental health care?
Brushing twice a day completely and flossing daily. Eating a balanced diet and restricting snacks between meals. Using oral care dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste. Rinsing with a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentist advises you to.
What is poor dental oral care hygiene?
The condition of poor oral hygiene is normally the patient's failure to keep good oral hygiene habits, such as daily brushing and flossing of teeth to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth. Some foods such as sugars and acidic foods and bad habits such as smoking can further result in bad oral hygiene and dental diseases.
What is the oral care product price in the Philippines?
In the Philippines, oral care product prices may vary in a different country, but we're trying our best to provide you your medicine at the best prices with great discounts.
How can you buy oral care products online in the Philippines?
You can buy Colgate, Toothbrush online in the Philippines. Getmeds is here to deliver your medication to your doorstep.