- Skin creams and ointments for rashes are applied to the skin to reduce inflammation in conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, and allergic skin reactions. Rash cream includes medicines such as Hovicor, Bioderm, and Dermovate.
- Ointments are more greasy than creams. Skin allergy cream is preferable if your skin is dry, whereas moist or weepy skin is best treated with a cream. Using a cream or ointment for rashes allows the medicine to be applied directly to the skin's inflamed area.
- The most important thing to remember with rash cream and ointments is to apply them very thinly. Ointment for skin allergy minimizes the amount absorbed through the skin into the body.
How much should you use?
- You can contain the amount required to "apply thinly" in terms of the length of cream or ointment squeezed out of the tube. Ointment for skin rashes is covered in fingertip units.
- Don't worry if you have to use extra or more limited than this - it is a rough example based on average adult body size.
Other useful advice
- Only use the ointment for skin rashes on the affected areas of the skin. Never use them as moisturizers.
- Do not use ointment creams under nappies or dressings unless your doctor tells you to.
- Do not use skin ointment on the face unless advised to do so by your doctor. If skin cream for rashes is to be used on the front, they should be used for no more than five to seven days.
- Creams and ointments are meant only for application to the skin. If they are accidentally taken by mouth, tell your doctor at once.
- If you get the cream or ointment in your eye, rinse it out quickly with warm water and ask your doctor if there is any ongoing irritation.
- Continuously follow the advice on the printed label of the tube/box and as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you forget to apply your skin allergy lotion or ointment, use the correct dose when you retrieve it, and then carry on as before.
- Please do not use your ointment for skin diseases after the expiry date on the tube because it may be infected with germs that could cause skin infections. Skin diseases cream may also have lost its effectiveness.
- Don't give your anti-rash cream to anyone else to use, even if they have the same symptoms as you. They may be harmful to other people.
Which is better, ointment or cream?
Creams for face allergy are also ideal for dry skin, and they may be a better choice if you don't want the greasy feel that many oil-based products leave behind. While ointments work best for skin patches, the water in creams/lotion for rashes performs better for extensive use.
Is Vaseline an ointment?
Petroleum jelly, petrolatum, white petrolatum, soft paraffin, or multi-hydrocarbon is a semi-solid mixture of hydrocarbons as an ointment or cream for allergic skin its healing properties.
Is ointment a cream?
A cream for itchy rash is developing a medication for topical use that includes a water base. It is a mixture of oil in water. An ointment is a mixture of a drug for topical use that has an oil base. It is a mixture of water in oil.
What is the skin allergy medicine price in the Philippines?
In the Philippines, ointment for skin irritation, cream prices may vary in different countries, but we're trying our best to provide medicine at the best prices with great discounts.
How can you buy an allergy medicine online in the Philippines?
You can order face rash cream online anywhere in the Philippines. Getmeds is here to deliver your medication to your doorstep.