The black fungus is caused by mucor, which is commonly known as mucormycosis. Different states have found mucormycosis, especially among patients who are suffering from diabetes. Black fungus is now the primary fungal infection that is discovered in the environment. Any person gets infected even if they have a cut, burn, or other skin problem.
Experts explain the black fungus covid is uncommon and can easily affect those people who had coronavirus earlier. This infection can also be dangerous for people who have liver, kidney, diabetes, and heart diseases. The fungal infection is frequently observed in infectious patients in India as the health workers are suffering to save the patients’ lives.
What are the black fungus infection symptoms?
Black fungus symptoms vary from one person to another person. The significant symptoms can be:
- Nasal issues
- Facial pain
- Loss of vision
- Swelling in both the cheeks
- Swelling in upper jaw and eyes
- Face paralysis
If the black fungus covid infection attacks the lungs, an infectious person can suffer from cold, chest pain, cough, and breathing issues. When mucormycosis strikes the person’s digestive system, the person may suffer nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, and bleeding in the gastrointestinal.
How to cure black fungus covid infection?
- If the black fungus infection reaches 50% in your body, there’s a severe chance to survive for patients. If the diagnosis starts at the starting phase, then the patient may save their life. Health workers, specialists, and doctors diagnose the treatment by scanning a lung by X-ray and tissue biopsy. Treatment of the infection is highly challenging, even at the early phase of infection.
- During the black fungal infection treatment, the doctor removes tissue by going through the nasal pipe. Still, if the infection spreads more into the skin, the specialists may need to remove the eyes and jaw bone also, which may affect kidney damage. The most helpful medicine to treat black fungus is Posaconazole during the initial phase.
Also Read: How to Deal with Hypertension and Covid-19?
What causes the black fungus covid infection?
- If somebody lacks immunity, They are the primary person who can be affected by black fungus infections.
- This fungus infection was sporadic in the earlier phase as it was already seen in patients with diabetes problems or kidney transplant, or immunity lacking persons.
- As covid-19 already lowers the person’s immunity so severely, it more widely produces the black fungus infection in the body.
Who is more at risk of black fungus infection?
- As per clinical research, diabetes patients will be highly affected by black fungal infections such as mucormycosis. Those diabetes patients who have recently cured corona needed complete care to prevent this fungal infection.
- According to the research data, the drugs used to treat the fungus infection can lead to kidney damage, heart stroke, and neurological problems.
When are the people with covid infections at increased risk?
COVID-19 are more responsive to occurring opportunistic diseases as their immune systems are occupied fighting the SARS-CoV-2 virus. As opportunistic infections can be affected by multiple forms such as bacteria, parasites, fungi, and other infectious viruses.
According to Dr. Rondello, common fungal infections are:
- Candidiasis: This fungal infection is hazardous, which is formed by the other type of fungus called yeast.
- Histoplasmosis: This fungal infection is only found in the US eastern and central states.
- Aspergillosis: This fungal infectious disease is found in buildings or outdoors, which is also called aspergillus.