How to Add a Sufficient Amount of Vitamin D in Your Diet?
Vitamin D is essential for our body health because it plays a key role in our organism. Vitamin D is responsible for maintaining bone strength as it assists our body to soak up calcium from the food we eat. It also helps in maintaining calcium and phosphate content in our body. It is also vital for the immune system to function properly. Sunlight is the easiest source of Vitamin D but to maintain an adequate quantity of Vitamin D in the body, one must include some food items rich in this Vitamin. Also, you need to remember to have a variety of foods as varied food items are rich in different kinds of essential minerals and vitamins. A healthy diet should include all essential nutrients which help in nourishing our body and keeping healthier. Let’s have a look at some food items that are enriched with Vitamin D:
- Orange Juice is a good source of Vitamin D, it is practically the only fruit enriched with this Vitamin. Try adding it to your morning meals for a delicious yet healthy start to the day.
- Cheddar cheese is enriched with Vitamin D and is a good option for vegetarians. It is a good source of multi nutrients like Vitamin A, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium and a variety of other minerals. A cup of diced cheddar cheese will give you 4% of Vitamin D on a daily basis.
- Sockeye Salmon is a kind of fish enriched with Vitamin D. It is also rich in Vitamin B12, thiamin and niacin. It is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and numerous minerals like selenium and phosphorus. One three-ounce serving of this fish accounts for 112% of this vitamin based on daily value intake.
- Tuna fish is a very good source of Vitamin D. If you intake three ounces of canned tuna, you will get 39% of your daily requirement of Vitamin D. Tuna is rich in Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6 and other minerals like potassium, selenium and phosphorus.
- Beef liver has a certain amount of Vitamin D, three ounces of cooked beef liver accounts for 11% of the daily requirement of this Vitamin. It is also rich in Vitamin B12 and Riboflavin.
- Eggs can be a good option to satisfy 10% of the daily requirement of Vitamin D. Vegetarians should also consider adding eggs to their healthy diet for good content of Vitamin D. Eggs are protein-rich too which has added benefits for the body.
- A cup of fortified milk accounts for a good 30 percent of your daily requirement of Vitamin D. Milk is also rich in Calcium, B Vitamins and riboflavin.
- Yogurt is also a good source of Vitamin D as it considers a variety of nutrients. The amount of nutrients depends on the brand to brand. Yogurt is enriched with Calcium, B vitamins and numerous essential minerals.
- Mushrooms can be a good option for vegetarian people as mushrooms are exposed to UV rays that make them a good source of Vitamin D. Raw maitake mushrooms are highly rich in Vitamin D as they fulfill 94% of Vitamin D requirement for one day.
- Rainbow trout fish is another highly enriched source of Vitamin D as it accounts for 67% daily value of this Vitamin. Trout fish is also a good source of manganese and phosphorus.
Read Also: Simple Low Carb Diet Meal Plan For Beginners
Vitamin D is vital for a human body to function properly. Hence, it should be an important nutrient in your healthy diet plan.