How Brown Rice Aids in Weight Loss?
Benefits of rice
It is often that people have this question in their mind "Is brown rice good for weight loss?” Brown rice is packed with loads of benefits like weight management qualities, helps to improve heart health, and also a good choice of rice when it comes to controlling blood sugar levels for diabetics. If you wish to lose weight you should consider replacing white rice with the brown ones as brown rice are low in carbohydrates and low in calories. Brown rice is a good substitute for white rice as it is rich in essential nutrients too.
The next time you find anyone with the question ‘is brown rice good for weight loss?' Just list them the following benefits:
- Brown rice has an exceptional ability to fight inflammation as it contains a lot of antioxidants. These anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities of brown rice make it a good option to deal with numerous health diseases such as asthma and arthritis. Studies prove that the people who added brown rice to their diets saw a decrease in overall weight as well as a reduction in the hip and waist circumference.
- Brown Rice assists in burning away extra body fat. Research conducted by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition has reported that the individuals who ate whole-grain foods that are low in calories tend to lose their belly fat faster as compared to the people who ate refined grains. Brown rice is indeed the best substitute for white rice as along with the weight loss benefits it is rich in iron, vitamins, potassium and numerous essential nutrients required by our body for proper functioning. Another benefit of eating brown rice is that it makes you feel full for a longer period of time and hence, you do not munch on unhealthy snacks. Eating a bowl of brown rice per day is not at all fattening but will surely benefit you with healthy nutritional values.
- Brown rice is stacked with a good quantity of fibre content and we are well aware that fibrous foods are convenient to digest and brown rice is one of those foods. Brown rice gives you a feeling of fullness for a good amount of time and also aids in the cleansing of your body internal system. Brown rice is good for smooth bowel movements. It is a proven fact that when you have a healthy digestive system it becomes easy to maintain the right amount of body weight according to your Body Mass Index.
- Brown rice is enriched with a good amount of selenium content. Selenium is one such essential mineral that aids in good strength of your immunity power. A good immunity system helps in fighting off the risk of chronic diseases. Consuming brown rice protects your body from common health issues such as cold and flu because of the high content of selenium mineral present. If you want to lose weight without having to face any kind of disease, it is important for you to intake brown rice in your daily meals so that you keep on maintaining a healthy immune system and reach your weight loss goals faster.
- Brown rice is a great addition to your daily diet for an increased amount of energy levels. It helps you feel alive and energetic for a longer period of time. Manganese present in brown rice aids in obtaining essential proteins and carbs which converts these macronutrients into a good amount of energy levels. While you stay energetic, you can indulge yourself in a good exercise schedule for added benefits in the journey of weight loss as exercising will assist you in burning a good amount of calories resulting in maintaining a healthy weight.
Read Also: Discover Different Varieties of Rice That Helps in Preventing Obesity
We hope the above-mentioned points answers ‘Is brown rice good for weight loss?' question well. Brown rice is loaded with benefits and you should definitely consider adding them to your daily meal plans for a faster and easier process of weight loss. Additionally, Brown rice comes under the healthiest whole foods for weight loss that are relatively cheaper and makes a good versatile option to add in your Lunchtime meals.