Well-balanced nutrition aids in defending your body from seasoned sickness or prevent you from the risk of chronic diseases. It is very important to take good care of yourself and having a well-balanced diet with all the essential vitamins and minerals so that our body has the required immunity power to fight off diseases.
There is no such only one food that can satisfy all the nutritional needs of the body, yet it is important to include a variety of food items to your daily diet to boost your immunity power. Here, are a few nutrition tips for you to incorporate in your lifestyle:
- Proteins play a key role in boosting the immunity power of the body, it helps our body to heal and recover faster. You should include protein foods such as eggs, beans, soy products, peas, seafood and dried fruits to your diet to load yourself with essential proteins.
- Vitamin A is essential in regulating immune health as it protects our body against infections. It is helpful in keeping the skin and tissues in the mouth, intestines, stomach and the respiratory system safe and sound. Also, Vitamin A is essential for keeping our eyes healthy as it is good for vision. Food items like sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, spinach, eggs, apricots, bell peppers are a good source of Vitamin A. You can also go for milk and cereals that are labeled as ‘Rich in Vitamin A’.
- Vitamin C is incredibly significant for our body as it stimulates the formation of antibodies to fight foreign infectious invaders in the body. Vitamin C is also essential for the growth, development and repairing of body tissues. It also helps to maintain bone and teeth health. Citrus foods like oranges, grapefruit or tangerines are a rich source of Vitamin C. Additionally, you can include bell pepper, papaya, tomato juice, strawberries to have a good intake of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E is a good antioxidant that supports our immunity power in various ways. Vitamin E helps in slowing down the aging process of our body cells. It also nourishes and protects our skin from the UV rays and free radicals in the environment. Also, it boosts our hair growth. You can include sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, vegetable oils, peanut butter, and green leafy veggies to maintain good content of Vitamin E in the body.
- Zinc fights respiratory infections in the body and supports the immune system to work properly. Zinc helps in healing wounds faster. Zinc also aids in the proper functioning of the five senses of the human body. Lean meat, milk, whole grain products, nuts, poultry are rich in Zinc content.
- All the other nutrients like copper, folate, iron, and Vitamin B6, B12 are important in boosting the immunity power of the body. You should add all the essential nutrients in your diet to avail a healthy lifestyle.
Read Also: Top 5 Superfoods To Boost The Immune Health
It is very important to look after what all you eat every day, in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Adding vital nutrients in the daily meals will surely boost your immunity power.