Hypertension, or High Blood Pressure, occurs when the blood pressure gets increased to an unhealthy level. It is evaluated both by the amount of blood the heart pumps and the resistance amount to your blood flow in the arteries.
The more blood a heart pumps and the narrower the arteries, the higher it would be an individual's blood pressure. Hypertension medicine can be used in the condition in which your blood's long-term force against the artery walls is sufficiently high to cause health concerns, like heart disease eventually.
- It is pretty standard among people, and if it goes untreated, Hypertension can result in serious illnesses, including heart disease, stroke, eye problems, and kidney failure.
- It often develops over the years; however, you do not notice any symptoms.
- Some people with high BP might have shortness of breath, nosebleeds, or headaches. However, these high blood pressure symptoms are not particular.
- They don't often occur until the problem has attained a life-threatening or severe stage.
When to see the doctor
It is suggested to have your BP checked as a part of your doctor's daily appointment and, at the same time, maintain a healthy high blood pressure diet. Ask the doctor for the BP reading at least every 2 years, beginning at 18 years.
Moreover, using a proper-sized arm cuff is a must.
- In case you do not see the doctor daily, you might get the free Hypertension/ high blood pressure medicine at the health resource fair or the other location in the community you live in.
- You can also find the machines in a few stores that will measure your BP without any charges.
- Like the ones found in the pharmacies, public BP machines may offer valuable details about the same. However, they might have a few limitations as their accuracy depends upon many factors, which include the machines' proper use and appropriate cuff size.
- High BP is the hugely symptomless "silent killer."
- In case you ignore the BP because you think that a specific sign or symptom will alert you to the issue, you are taking a massive risk with your life.
- In case you experience nosebleeds or headaches and are otherwise unwell, reach out to the medical professional as they could be the symptoms of other wellness conditions.
Symptoms for High BP
It might take years, or maybe decades, for a condition to attain levels that are sufficiently severe that the symptoms become apparent. Even then, these symptoms might be attributed to other concerns. In case your BP is high, there might be a few symptoms to look for so that controlling high blood pressure remains a convenient task.
- Confusion or fatigue
- Severe headache
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest Pain
- Blood in urine
- Irregular heartbeat
- Pounding in the neck, ears, or chest
In case you have any of the symptoms mentioned above, consult the doctor as soon as possible. These symptoms need instant hypertension treatment medicine attention. Click on the link to read an entire blog on Hypertension and high blood pressure.
How can I prevent Hypertension?
Prevent High Blood Pressure with hypertension drugs and high blood pressure remedies:
- Eat a Healthy Diet. Choose healthy meal and snack options to help you avoid high blood pressure and its complications.
- Keep Yourself at a Healthy Weight. Having overweight or obese increases your risk for high blood pressure.
- Be Physically Active.
- Do Not Smoke.
- Limit How Much Alcohol You Drink.
- Get Enough Sleep.
Can hypertension be cured?
Hypertension is a chronic disease. It can be controlled with medication, but it cannot be cured. Therefore, patients need to continue with the treatment and lifestyle modifications as advised by their doctor, and attend regular medical follow up, usually for life.
What is the root cause of Hypertension?
Common factors that can lead to high blood pressure include A diet high in salt, fat, and cholesterol. Chronic conditions such as kidney and hormone problems, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Family history, especially if your parents or other close relatives have high blood pressure.
What is the hypertension medicine price in the Philippines?
Hypertension medicine prices may vary in different countries, but we're trying our best to provide medicine at the best prices with great discounts.
How can you buy hypertension medicine online in the Philippines?
You can find a complete list of hypertension medicine on Getmeds. All you have to do is search for the products you need on our website or app, add them to the cart, and proceed with the checkout process.