The best way to get the vitamins and minerals you need for a healthy heart is to eat nutritious food. Your body absorbs vitamins and minerals from foods better than supplements. Food also can provide fiber and other dietary benefits. Still, it may be hard to get all the vitamins and minerals you need in your diet every day. That's when it can help to take supplements.
Supplements for Healthy Heart
Experts believe that heart health supplements help people who already have heart disease.
For instance, the best supplement for heart health might help keep plaque from building up in your arteries. They might help keep your blood pressure down, and your heart is beating normally. Heart supplements are of particular help to people with a high triglyceride level. That's a fat that collects in your blood. When the level is high, your arteries can get clogged. Supplements for clogged arteries can help to boost it.
Good sources of best heart supplements are:
- Salmon, mackerel, albacore tuna, herring, and sardines.
- Walnuts and flaxseeds also contain cardiovascular supplements.
What vitamins are good for heart care?
Vitamin A, C, and E Supplements
- Vitamins A, C, and E are antioxidants. Vitamins for heart health fight free radicals and protect cells from damage.
- Vitamin C is generally safe even if you take too much because your body can get rid of extra vitamin c in urine.
- Vitamin A and Vitamin E are not water-soluble and can accumulate in the body. Too much vitamin a can cause hair, skin, sleep, and stomach problems.
- Too much vitamin e can cause headaches, nausea, and blurred vision.
- People with low vitamin d levels may have a higher risk of a heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. Some new research suggests that too little vitamin d contributes to high blood pressure too. Still, most health experts agree that doctors need more evidence before recommending taking vitamin d supplements to reduce heart disease risk.
- Vitamin d goes by the nickname "the sunshine vitamin" because being in the sun helps your body make it. If you don't get much sun time, your body won't make enough heart vitamins. You can also get it from some foods. But, people often turn to supplements to make sure they have enough.
- However, taking too much vitamin d can cause pain in your stomach and muscles. It also can interfere with your appetite and make you tired and confused.
Talk With Your Doctor
Don't start taking a supplement or vitamin for heart health until you've talked about it with your doctor. Supplements, even ones good for your heart—might interfere with the medication you may be taking. The amount you should take depends on your age, health, and many other factors. All of this makes it essential to check in with your doctor before adding supplements to your nutrition and heart health.
What vitamins help with heart disease?
Vitamin E and Vitamin C are probably the best vitamin antioxidants. If you already have heart disease, vitamin e might reduce your risk of a future heart attack. It also improves the way your arteries work.
What vitamins are good for blood flow to the heart?
By increasing your intake of the following vitamins and minerals, you'll hopefully be able to help keep your arteries clear and your blood flowing:
- Folic acid
- Vitamin d
- Omega-3 fatty acids
What is the supplement's price in the Philippines?
In the Philippines, supplement prices may vary in different countries, but we're trying our best to provide medicine at the best prices with great offers.
How can you buy supplements in the Philippines?
You can buy supplements online in the Philippines. Getmeds is here to deliver your medication to your doorstep.